May 22, 2009

Pura Vida!

In less than 24 hours (23 hours to be exact), I will be arriving in San Jose, Costa Rica. It's a bit surreal as it seems that I've been waiting for the trip for such a long time and now it's just right around the corner. The downside is the time there will probably fly by and so I will have to remind myself constantly to take it slow and enjoy.

One aspect that will make it a lot easier to relish in my time in Costa Rica is that I have decided against taking my computer, and that, coupled with the fact that my cellphone will be useless once I board the plane from Houston, means I will have zero contact with the world beyond the Pura Vida resort for six days. And anyone who knows me even just a little can attest that me lacking communication via voice and, to a greater extent text or e-mail, will truly be a testament of will for me.

So, as of Sat., May 23 at 10:20 a.m. MST, I will be enjoying Costa Rican bliss and therefore unreachable until Thurs., May 28 at 10:27 p.m. Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment