May 5, 2009

Creeping up on me

Eek! I can't believe my Costa Rica trip is just on the other side of two weeks away. Not to throw out a giant cliche, but wow, time flies! The excitement (mixed with equal doses of anxiety and fear) has definitely kicked in, along with the reality that I'm going to be traveling to a foreign country solo (hence the anxiety and fear).

I spent the weekend shopping for appropriate clothing for my trip (read sun dresses, tank tops and shorts) and completely lucked out while attending the Green Festival where I purchased a five-in-one bamboo dress. Not only can the garment be work five different ways, but the purchase also supports, Me to We, a non-profit with a message I absolutely adore: "What have you done to change the world today?"

Next week I'll be in Vegas for a conference (Monday-Thursday). Although I'm looking forward to the conference (and my tower suite at Caesars), the fact that between the conference and my Costa Rica trip, I'm going to be out of the office for nearly half of May has made me quite nervous about my work-load this month. However, I do get to tour Zappos while in Vegas, so that alone pretty much makes it worth the added stress (I think I may have a shoe problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment