August 12, 2010

mud & mountains

Last weekend was spent getting very, very muddy and then cleaning off in the mountains, via whitewater rafting. Although it was a busy weekend, I enjoyed the new adventures and spending time with friends whom I hadn't seen in a while, as well as new friends.
The business has continued into the week with Jaycees events and multiple concerts, with my apartment showing the effects -- clothes scattered everywhere, an unmade bed and other various piles of items throughout. I was able to spend a few minutes this morning tidying up -- thanks to my now short hair, which spares me about 15 minutes of a.m. prep -- but am still feeling unkempt. I suppose that is the price paid for a busy lifestyle.

The upcoming weekend will be more time spent away from home, enjoying live music at the Mile High Music Festival. I'm looking forward to seeing some of my favorite musicians, including Weezer, Phoenix, Keane, Cypress Hill and Jack Johnson.

Also happening this week is the initiation of my time tracking plan, which basically involves me documenting how I spend every hour during the week. The exercise stems from the book, "168 Hours" which was recommended as part of the e-course I recently completed. So far, time tracking has been an interesting experience and a bit of an eye opener (I spend WAY more time than I thought watching TV, which can probably be attributed to my newly discovered love of 30 Rock. How did I not know about this show?! Hilarious!).

At times I have been frustrated by the tediousness of writing down every activity, but it's already proven beneficial as far as completing weekly goals (which I've also started setting this week) and evaluating how I spend my time. I have already made changes based on the results and it's only day four. Although I'm not planning on making the time tracking a weekly occurrence, I do plan to complete it once a month. I highly recommend giving it a try, especially if you find yourself, at the end of day, wondering where all your time went.
For more mud & mountains photos, check out my Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment