August 2, 2010

minor hiatus

At the beginning of the year, I vowed to post at least once per week. However, as with most plans, life got in the way. And, here we are, nearly three weeks and no posts (with the exception of one Wordless Wednesday).

Part of the blame can be attributed to the fact that I was at youth camp a few weeks ago and had very limited access to the internets for the duration. Beyond that, the Jaycees, the tranquilista e-course, other various projects and training for a half-marathon have swallowed the majority of my free time. I can't complain though as the work I've been doing for the e-course has been very enjoyable and enabled me to grow  -- introspectively and spiritually. I am sad to see it end and hope to continue with the practices I developed as part of the course, some of which may turn into a new business venture (more later on that).

As for the Jaycees, all I can say is that I've made it past the halfway point and am definitely counting down the months until my presidency is complete. I don't mean to be negative regarding the Jaycees, but I can honestly say I am burnt out. It's been a long, busy, stressful year thus far. I am grateful for the experience and all it has taught me, but am looking forward to handing over the reins in January.

Additionally, I've been continuing in my quest to morph into a good cook -- or, a cook, at the very least. My most recent delicious creation was dinner last night -- roasted butternut squash and onion. Yum! I've been toying with the idea of taking a cooking course, but my current schedule just doesn't allow for such. I had to choose between cooking and a photography class, and the latter won. Although, I do enjoy photography as well, and taking additional classes in the subject has been on my to-do list for at least a year, so it's definitely not a bad choice. And, the fact that work is picking up the tab doesn't hurt either.

After this week, with the completion of the e-course and wrapping up a few other projects, things should get back on track for the blog. Oh, and for those who are curious, the training is going okay. My knees have been bothering me quite a bit and Ibuprofen and ice are vying for the position of my new best friend.

Looking ahead, I am excited for a few adventures that will be occurring this weekend -- mud volleyball (where I will be a participant, as opposed to a spectator, as was the case the past three years) and whitewater rafting. I'm taking advantage of the summer months before fall creeps in and then winter is upon us because, as we all know, the snowy months will be here before we know it.

 I, along with other members of the Denver Jaycees and Cherry Creek Jaycees, participated in Relay for Life at Wash Park in July -- walking 10 miles throughout the night. Thanks to all who donated for the cause. And, above, my fellow co-op communicator, Becky, and me enjoying a swim in the Colorado River during a rafting trip at Youth Leadership Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment