April 10, 2010

spring

It seems that spring has finally sprung in the Mile High City -- birds are chirping, buds are blossoming and, last but certainly not least, the Rockies are playing. Yesterday marked opening day 2010, which was quite the boisterous events, perhaps only outdone in Denver by the annual St. Patrick's Day celebration.

Although I wasn't one of the lucky nearly 60,000 fans who attended the game, I did experience the madness as a bystander, spending the day meandering around downtown with my best friend Grace and her fiance Dave, who were visiting from Jackson Hole.

It was the perfect day of relaxing and catching up with my friends and was timed just right, arriving on the heels of what is quite possibly the busiest workweek of my year -- annual meeting week. Although the time spent with Grace was short, as always, I enjoyed every minute of it. Expressed in the words that only she and I understand and appreciate -- I love that girl like a fat kid loves cupcake suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment