April 23, 2010

(somewhat) milestones

Sunday marked the one-year anniversary of my residency at 1451 24th St., Apt. 483. Although, in the grand scheme of things, a year lived in one location is hardly cause for celebration. However, the event holds a bit more clout when taken into account that it has been nine years since I have achieved such a feat.

Curiously, the 12 months at my current residence have felt like a lot shorter time than other places I have lived.Perhaps this is due to the fact that I have truly found a location that suites me. Or, maybe the last year has been such a whirlwind that the time has flown by. I would conjecture the reason is a mixture of the two.

Apparently, I have also reached a milestone in my dentistry status. As a nearly 30-year-old individual, I am now officially an adult in the teeth world, according to my dentist. What does this mean? Well, evidently it equates to having to endure a long series of individual x-rays, which were far from comfortable. The good news is, as a daily flosser,  I am ahead of the game on that practice, as 30 is the age when my dentist suggests making it part of the daily routine. This bit of information was unbeknownst to me, as I have been flossing daily since my teen years. Imagine what I could have done with all that extra time if I had only flossed a few times a week in my twenties. However, a change in my habits may have prevented my "excellent hygiene" (my dentist's words, not mine).

In other news, just when I thought I could put away the winter gear -- it's currently snowing in Denver. Actually, scratch that, we're in the midst of an indubitable spring blizzard. Good thing my Rockies tickets are for Sunday and not tonight's game. However, tomorrow morning's March for Babies event, for which I'm volunteering, should be pretty cold and miserable.  I really, really, really just want winter to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment