October 8, 2010

the big 3-0

From Las Vegas to Denver, celebrating my 30th was a great time. Thanks to all my friends for making it an experience to remember. Love you all. :-)


I'm 30. Yep, it happened whether I was willing or not. And, turns out there is not much of a difference between 29 and 30, except for the fact that I am taking some steps to be a bit more responsible. 

This week included an inaugural meeting with a financial counselor, as well as a session with a personal trainer. I also signed up for four-week class focusing on mindfulness, which begins in November (super excited for this!) and recommitted to running the half-marathon. I had signed up for the event months ago, but then lost my motivation to train for it and pretty much gave up on it. However, thanks to a dear friend, I've decided to give it my best shot, with a goal of finishing before the streets are reopened. 

Next week takes me to Durango, Colo.,  for a work trip and then the race, to finish off the weekend. I'm looking forward to visiting what I've been told is an amazing little town.  As always, I'm grateful to have a job that allows me to explore and travel our service territory and hope to take full advantage of my time there. So, until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment